Tuesday, August 7, 2007

(OOC) Tentatively resuming activity.

I spoke with Desmond the other night. I can see his point to why he is leaving voice activated. Linden labs is screwing the admins harder than the players on this one.

For the players, they merely crippled text interface with the new communications center in order to try to force us to voice, so they can claim it to be a 'success'.

For admins, they defaulted voice to ON until December even on private sims....after saying it would only be on the mainland. Basically they are handing out free voice-crack on private sims to the short-attention-span illiterates attracted by the opening of registration (thanks again, King Philip!), hoping THEY pressure the admins into paying for voice on private sims, which most seem not to want to do. Rumor also has it this is a way to force admins to from the grandfathered class 4 machines to the pricer class 5 machines. Really, really shitty behavior, LL...you've never been good with truth and decency, but even YOU should be ashamed. And Zee Linden needs to be beaten severely and run out of town like the beancounting scum he is.

I sympathize with Desmond and I consider him a friend...he has turnover, so in a year, there may be less than 1/4 original inhabitants, the rest being new and having no experience with pre-voice. He sort of has to do it, or risk having issues filling plots and meeting tier.

So, since this is not really what I thought it was, Desmond making a good position statement and backing out, but rather the future stability of Caledon after he gets screwed by LL, I decided not to add insult to injury by pulling out and sticking him with potentially unrented land. it takes a lot for me to back down, but this time I am going to do so, in the interest of not harming others. Now granted, I have lost a TON of interest in SL, due to being second-class as a text user, so I will not be around as often or as active...I've actually started slowly returning to my roots, taking up the Wizard position I had abandoned on one of the old-text-based MU*'s. Its rather exhilirating, all text, being a master programmer once again (instead of an LSL hack).

Anyway, the stores are up and opened once again. Myhouse is back in place....still not sure if I am going to replace the Masonic Lodge build in Caledon I, build a factory to show off my machine shop and steam engines, or sell the plot outright (I have an interested party eyeing the prims). Not sure at this time, going to leave it blank until the weekend, then decide.

No comments: