Monday, July 30, 2007

(OOC) Submarines in SL, or how to build an LSL-powered anchor

I spent part of the evening banging away at making a submarine...which is a complete waste of time at my programming skill level. I have made a couple hulls, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to code the miserable things to A) Not fly and B) not sink like a rock when rezzed.

I did find a few posts with ideas on the old forums, tried them, modifying a basic boat script that I have used in the past....I make the most excellent anchors. These things sink faster than the CSS Hunley (nicknamed 'the floating coffin'). There are all sorts of car, boat and plane freebie scripts, and even full-permission for-pay scripts (like the Drifting Thoughs car scripts) but people treat a submarine script like its gold plated! I haven't found one anywhere....at this point, I'd buy a working one that was full permission (to allow for resale of the finished product) and be done with it!

If by some miracle someone reads this, and knows where I can buy a submarine script that actually works, PLEASE let me know here or ingame!

1 comment:

SimplyAmy Iwish said...

oddly realize this is an old post i ran across i just ran across terracubeys script (open source for subs) works well i think then again im a novice at best drop me a line alluring_gaze@hotmail.com SimplyAmy Wish airship mistress of Caledon