Tuesday, September 25, 2007

(OOC) A submarine that works!

Thanks to a wonderful fellow Caledonian (thank you again, Kandace Commons!), I now have a working submarine! Turns out, I cannot use a modified air flight script, even with hover ability, as it negates some of the flags like HOVER_HEIGHT_GLOBAL, which means I cannot cap altitude at the water level (with llWater() )...it just ignored it completely.

She took about ten minutes out of her schedule on Sunday to look at my code and quickly gave me a working script! The camera even follows behind with some flexibility, it doesn't RIGIDLY stay behind the sub which gives it more the illusion of free motion as the vehicle moves. I really like how it looks, especially with the first submarine being roughly shaped like a manta ray.

No comments: