Monday, November 19, 2007

Salute to the Troops, Steelhead

Ah, I have not had this much fun in ages. I visited Steelhead, strictly to see if Old Glory Sutlery had come out with the new Confederate officer's uniform. Walked right into the setup for the 'Salute to the Troops' event. 7th Cavalry out of steelhead had a camp, as did the confederates farther on down. There was even a moving reading of a WWI soldier's letter home.

Later that afternoon, there was an infantry parade. While not officially in any unit (except the rather tiny one I made for my steam armor), I marched with Col. Pearse as part of the Caledon Highlands Regiment. Later, they held a mounted parade. The Caledon Lancers put on a BEAUTIFUL showing, with 8 units in attendance! Col. Pearse again made a showing with the Caledon Carntaigh Curassiers, and I once again suited up!

Old Glory ended up releasing their Confederate officer uniform, which I was apparently the first to purchase. Quite nice an outfit. Ended up fitting Mr. Fizz's (Fizzworks) LeMat pistol to it for a more complete look.

Pictures from the event are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/maklin

No comments: