Thursday, November 29, 2007

Caledon forums redux

What a complete and utter joke. Apparently, someone mentioned to Excalibur that the boards were considered a clique' (Excalibur, feel free to mention me if you were indeed referring to me...I don't HIDE things I say behind locked forums. I stand by what I say, right or wrong.) since you must sign up to read. So, the forum admin puts up a poll. And of course the clique' members rush to post NO! They cite the wonderfully bogus reason of the privacy of their conversations from search engines. So far, I have not seen a single conversation that anyone would give a damn about there, let alone one needing privacy from search engines.

Caledon FIC....the only term I can think of....best describes this group of fanatics hiding their little mutual admiration society behind locked doors. What have they got to hide? What is so bad if someone using a search engine seess that 'FIC Caledonian' is holding the 1x10^23rd ball of the year? Or holding a book reading? Or has new items at their store? It is not like anyone is going to be able to connect the basement-dwelling paranoid 'John/Jane Doe' with their character of 'FIC Caledonian', so why all the paranoia?

My disgust level with my fellow Caledonians increases yet again. :(


You know, I have a domain name....I *ORIGINALLY* created a Caledon website and forums LONG before the caledonforums existed (I took it down when Desmond told me he would rather have control over that himself and had someone working on a website for him), I may revise it, put it back up and have the 'FREE Caledon Forums' where those willing to stand behind their words can post AND where (like the New Babbage forums) ANYONE can read it. I am not big on FIC and FIC sites....and I know I am not the only one that feels that way.

2 comments:

Maklin Deckard said...

Excalibur Longstaff, admin of the caledon forums, has no spine.

I post on that forum that I voted to open it to read and why. I also indicate by PM that I wish my account removed. As I have previously stated, I have deep suspicion of those that operate in the dark.

Now a decent person would just kill my account and ignore my last post...but again, we are talking about DECENT people here. What does Mister Longstaff do? He posts a reply that is half whine 'Its my ball' (the usual, I pay for hosting, I did this, I do that, wah!) and half outright lie (I blocked reading to cut down on spam and my admin work...spam is blocked by cutting POSTING, Mr. Longstaff), followed by a rather smarmy cheap shot at me.....AFTER the cheap shot the gutless wonder shows his true lack of class and deletes my account so I cannot SEE the post or respond (someone who shall remain nameless was kind enough to mail it to me).

Real class act you are, Mr. Longstaff /sarcasm. ANYTHING *I* say about others, I say it here...openly. Mr. Longstaff has to post comments on his locked down personal playground where the aggrieved party cannot see his lack of cojones in action.

NOW I comprehend the need for keeping reading blocked on Caledonforums...is so we don't see how small and gutless a person Mr. Excalibur Longstaff is when he takes cheap shots at others!

Mr. Longstaff, you can keep your forums and your secrecy-loving paranoids and syncophants.

Maklin Deckard said...

I have decided I will NOT create a forum, as much as we need one that is open and above-board (unlike the Caledon forums as they exist now, in the hands of the reprehensable Mr. Longstaff) rather than hiding behind false reasons for secrecy.

Why am I not going through with a separate forum? I spoke with Desmond at length tonight, and I asked his permission to set up a site. He said he did not object to me starting an unofficial website/forum, but if it were up to him we would not have ANY forums at this time.

I have the utmost respect for Desmond, based on what he has accomplished and his treatment of myself and others ingame. So, I will respect his opinion and preferences and drop the issue, rather than setting up a new website/forums. :(

Perhaps when Desmond finishes Caledon to his liking, he will have time to start up an open OFFICIAL forums and website. I enthusiastically await the coming of that day!